Monday, October 26, 2009

Being a "Grown Up"

I was flying down the highway this morning on my usual commute to Cleveland - I'll be glad when the drive to Will's school changes from 62 miles to 4...but I digress - I was jamming to my IPOD, as usual, to some Miley Cyrus song (I was channeling my inner teenager), and I wondered...is it strange that a 34 year old woman is still "rockin out" to music that 18 year olds listen to? Is it time for me to start acting more my age? Than I thought: what does that even mean? Act my age! I'll be honest, I feel the same today as I did when I was in college. Yes, I have WAY more responsibilities and a greater appreciation for what is truly important in life, but I don't feel like I thought I would at age 34. Is that bad? Am I still going to feel like this when I am 44 or 54? I hope so. I still get excited about my birthday. I still get so excited about Christmas morning that I have trouble sleeping on Christmas Eve. I still love blasting a good song on my car stereo and singing along at the top of my lungs. I don't know how to explain it really, except to say that being a "grown up" feels different than I thought it would...and that's a good thing. So, that's my strange thought for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment