Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Where The Wild Things Are

Like a lot of parents with small children, Bill and I don't get the chance to go to the movies very often, so when we do, it is critical that we make a good choice. Luckily, we recently chose wisely when we picked Where The Wild Things Are. It has always been my experience that books are much better than the movies that are based on them, but this movie is the exception. Although the book is an exciting tale for young children, the movie is really best suited for tweens and older who can benefit from its brutally honest look into the complexities of belonging to a family. I'm not going to go into much detail first, because you should go see it yourself, and second, because it is way past my bedtime and I need to wrap this up, but I will give this movie my ultimate compliment: I'm so glad I used my movie night to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment