Friday, January 29, 2010

Giving Republicans a Bad Name

As I have stated before, I am a proud card carrying member of the Republican Party. I am just about as conservative as a person can get (without being crazy - although some who have talked politics with me may debate that last point) and I make no apologies for the beliefs and values that I hold dear. Love me or hate me...this is who I am.

It is because I am proud to be a Republican that I was so disappointed in Rush Limbaugh's recent Letter to President Obama. Although I may agree with many of Mr. Limbaugh's core concerns regarding the President's performance thus far, I do not agree with the rude manner in which he delivered them. Whether you agree with his policies or not, he is our president, and with that comes a certain amount of respect. To address him by his first name is completely inappropriate, and to make light of his lack of a father figure is disgusting. This is not the voice that I want associated with my beloved party!

No comments:

Post a Comment