Friday, January 1, 2010

Passion

Every month I post a quote on my website (well, not last month because I forgot with the crazy move). I select quotes that contain a thought or feeling that strikes a chord in me. This month's is a doozy. This quote completely describes how I live my life...full of passion.

Ever since I was a little girl I have been one of those people who does and feels everything with such intensity; whether it is love, determination, fear, anticipation, regret, or hatred. This isn't all good though. When you put your entire heart and soul into everything you are bound to get hurt from time to time; whether it's in your love life, your family life, your social life, your career life...you get the point. No one wins all the time, and when you are truly passionate about something and you lose - it hurts. Life will disappoint us from time to time, but that's o.k. I can finally say, at the age of 34, that I like who I am. I like that I know who I am. I am a passionately stubborn person with strong opinions and beliefs. I can love so intensely that it feels like my heart is going to burst and I can feel such rage that I almost scare myself. This is who I am. I live each second of every day with all the passion and optimism of a small child and I hope that never changes.

So as I begin 2010 it is no surprise that I am overflowing with excitement and optimism. A new year means a fresh start...so naturally I have set up some goals for myself. Some are life changing and some are small potatoes...but I know I will attack each one with the same level of determination. Here goes:

1. make time to exercise
2. get my family on a healthier diet
3. finish my teaching license
4. get a full-time teaching job
5. sorry, but this one's a secret

Now some of these are out of my control (which really burns me up) but they are staying on the list anyways. We'll check back in 12 months and see how I did.

Here's my challenge to you: try to live 2010 with more passion. What's the point of it all if you don't?

No comments:

Post a Comment